Samsung dishwasher filters may need to be cleaned periodically to ensure optimal performance. The filter is located under the bottom rack of the dishwasher (or bottom tray, depending on the model).
As with other types of dishwashers, Samsung dishwashers use a filter screen at the base of the spray arm assembly to prevent food particles from clogging the pump and spray arms.
Depending on your dishwasher model, you may be able to access this filter for cleaning by removing the lower rack of the dishwasher or if it is front-control style, by simply opening the door and tilting out the bottom tray.(See your owner’s manual for specific instructions on accessing this area on your particular dishwasher.)
In this article, we will show you step by step how to clean the Samsung dishwasher filter properly. Cleaning the Samsung dishwasher filter properly will ensure the optimal performance of your dishwasher.
How To Clean Samsung Dishwasher Filter
Step 1: Remove The Filter Screen
You will need a Dishwasher safe container, hot soapy water and a soft cloth or sponge.
Remove the lower dish rack from the dishwasher if necessary (see your owner’s manual for instructions on how to remove this depending on your model/style of dishwasher). Open the side door and tilt the bottom tray forward until it rests on the front of the dishwasher. Remove filter screen from bottom tray or base of the dishwasher.
Step 2: Clean The Samsung Dishwasher Filter Screen
Place screen in a container filled with hot soapy water and let soak for 5-10 minutes. Use a soft cloth or sponge to scrub any food particles from the mesh of the filter. Rinse the filter well with fresh water until there is no longer any soap visible in the water when you hold up to the light.
Step 3: Replace Filter Screen
Allow the filter screen to air dry before replacing it with the dishwasher bottom tray or base of the dishwasher. Please note that if you are cleaning your Samsung dishwasher filter in the front control dishwasher, be sure to return it into the bottom tray before closing the side door.
Step 4: Close The Side Door And Return The Bottom Dish Rack To Its Original Position
Close the side door on your dishwasher, return the lower dish rack to its original position, close the front or top control panel (depending on the model), and turn your dishwasher back on. Check the filter screen after the first wash cycle for food particles that may be caught in the filter and remove them if necessary.
Tips And Cautions When Cleaning Samsung Dishwasher Filter
1. You should only have to clean your Samsung dishwasher filter screen once a month or as needed, depending on how often you run your dishwasher.
2. If you use harsh or abrasive cleaning products in your dishwasher such as steel wool pads, you will need to clean the screen more often.
3. You should never use wire or metal utensils to clean food residue from your dishwasher filter. These types of utensils could scratch the surface of the mesh, which in turn may allow food particles to pass through and clog the pump impeller in your dishwasher.
4. Avoid using bleach or caustic dishwasher cleaners as they could discolor or damage the filter screen.
5. If you run your dishwasher frequently, you may wish to remove the lower rack during the wash cycle so that all water drains directly through your Samsung dishwasher filter. This should prevent any food particles from settling on the bottom of your dishwasher during a wash cycle.
6. To maximize filtration, be sure to replace the filter screen immediately after cleaning.
7. If you do not plan to run your dishwasher for an extended period (especially in the winter when the humidity is low), it is recommended that you clean or replace your Samsung dishwasher filter before placing your machine on standby.
8. After replacing your Samsung dishwasher filter screen, be sure to run the dishwasher on an empty cycle without any dishes for 1-2 washes before loading with dirty dishes. This will ensure that all water flows through the new screen and helps prevent debris or food particles from building up on it during normal washing cycles.
As you can see from the article above, it is very easy to clean your Samsung dishwasher filter. You don’t need any tools and all you have to do is soak the mesh in hot soapy water and scrub with a soft cloth or sponge.
To prevent the build-up of food particles on this filter, we recommend you clean the screen once a month or more frequently if you use your dishwasher often. If you don’t clean the Samsung dishwasher filter, it will surely clog up and cause problems with the washing machine not draining water out of the tub.
Furthermore, if you run your dishwasher without this filter in place, dirt will settle on the bottom of the dishwasher and in the pump impeller area. This will cause your dishwasher to not drain properly when in use, since the filter screen holds back debris that could enter into the pump impeller if it is missing or clogged.
Hopefully, this guide gives you a complete insight on how to clean Samsung dishwasher filter. Have a great day!