Maytag is one of America’s oldest appliance brands, making it a trusty brand for the people, and the reason why you will surely find at least one appliance from this brand in most homes. The brand’s dishwashers are also very popular, and well known for their high capacities and noise-free cleaning, which everyone loves.
But, while using this dishwasher for a long time, you might stumble upon some issues here and there, as is the case with most appliances.
If you ever see that your dishes are not as clean as they used to be, there are two possible reasons for it. Either there is something wrong with the dishwasher, which usually isn’t the case, or, you just need to clean your filter, which is what happens most of the time.
The process of cleaning this filter is what we will be describing to you today, and to be more specific, for the Quiet Series 300 model. If you want to know how to clean Maytag Quiet Series 300 dishwasher filter, then keep on reading.
Why Do You Need To Clean Your Maytag Dishwasher?
All dishwashers come with filters, and these filters are placed to capture the debris and leftovers from the dirty dishes. Without it, these debris and particles can end up in the drain, which would be a lot harder to clean.
And because of this exact reason, dishwasher filters are so prone to getting clogged and dirty so often, and hence need routine cleaning to keep them working.
Without the routine cleaning, the debris and particles stuck will circulate and prevent the dishes inside from becoming completely clean.
Cleaning A Maytag Quiet Series 300 Dishwasher Filter
In order to clean the filter on Maytag Series 300 dishwasher, follow the following steps provided below.
- Disconnect the dishwasher from the outlet. This is to make sure that you don’t expose yourself to the electricity in the device as you work. Although you might not get electrocuted, this is a precaution you must take when working with the dishwasher, be it for cleaning the filter, or some other part inside.
- Remove the lower rack from the dishwasher. This is to make sure that you have complete access to the drain grate and the filter.
- Now you have to remove the drain grate by lifting it up. The drain grate too can have debris which you can wash off.
- After the drain grate, you have to remove the filter located under it. You can clean the filter by simply running it under high-pressure water. And if you see that does not clean it properly, you can always use a pipe cleaner, a sponge, or even an old toothbrush, all of which can help to effectively clean the filter.
- Once cleaned completely, wait for the filter to dry. After it has dried, you can put it back in the same order in which you removed it.
- Connect the dishwasher to the outlet again.
- Do a test run with a batch of dishes to see how clean they come out now.
Should You Replace A Maytag Quiet Series 300 Filter?
Sometimes, when the filter is very old, cleaning it only is not the best idea, and you should replace it instead. This needs to be done roughly every 6 months, give or take a few months more or less depending on how often you use the dishwasher.
Maytag Quiet Series 300 Dishwasher Filter Cleaning Tips
- When you clean the filter or change it out completely, splash it with some lemon juice before putting it back in. This freshens the dishwasher’s inside and throws a citrusy scent onto the clean dishes that come out of the dishwasher.
- For maintenance of the dishwasher, run empty cycles with just dishwasher cleaner or vinegar placed in a cup. This will get rid of hard water buildup inside the dishwasher.
- Take good care of the lower spray arms inside the dishwasher, as these often accumulate hard water buildup, food debris, and other particles. Clean them out every once in a while to maintain good health and hygiene inside the dishwasher.
Facing hiccups with home appliances is not new, and pretty much everyone faces it or goes through it. So don’t be too alarmed if you do. When you see that the dishes are not cleaning as well as they used to, you can be sure for the most part that is because of a dirty or clogged filter, and fortunately enough, that is not a big problem.
Changing out the filter or cleaning it is pretty similar for most dishwashers out there, and you will know that if you have gone through a few different ones. Nonetheless, if you own a Maytag Quiet Series 300, then this is the guide for you. A complete procedure on how to clean Maytag Quiet Series 300 dishwasher filter, in one place!