Is the ever-increasing pile of dishes on the sink making you feel overwhelmed? Has your dishwasher decided to play some petty games with you by refusing to get unlocked right at that moment? Well, try to calm yourself down for the dishwasher can smell your fear.
Very few things in the world can be as frustrating as the above-mentioned scenario. Especially, if you had a tough day, it gets on to your nerves even worse. But take a deep breath and know that it’s actually a minor problem. You can tackle this problem within a few seconds or at best, within a few minutes.
So, if you’ve been asking everyone how do I open the door on my Whirlpool dishwasher and find yourself on this page, know that you’re on the right track. Here, we’ve come up with a solution to your problem. So, let’s dive deeper as we’re in this together.
How To Open The Door On Whirlpool Dishwasher
Whirlpool is a brand that cares about your and your family’s safety. That’s why they have included a child safety lock in their dishwashers so that the little ones at your home never get hurt or damage the machine in their way mischief.
However, sometimes this well-intentioned lock can give you a hard time. As the control lock is there to deactivate the control panel touchpad keys, when the lock is on, you can’t start washing. However, the door should still open even if the washer is locked. The lock simply hinders your child’s unsupervised experimentation.
But if you find yourself struggling with opening the door of your Whirlpool dishwasher, you should heed the following steps.
- Tap on “Heated Dry” and put your finger on it for 4 seconds or perhaps as long as the “Control Lock” light doesn’t illuminate. The control panel is now locked.
- Pull the door. You can put some dishes inside the appliance if you want.
- Click on “Heated Dry” and again keep your finger on it but this time as long as the light doesn’t turn off.
Some Other Reasons Why Your Dishwasher Door Won’t Open
Other than the child safety lock, there might be some other issues that may prevent the dishwasher door from opening.
- Perhaps, there’s some problem with the power source. And to safeguard itself, the appliance may be reluctant to open its door for an interrupted cycle may result in dishwasher leaking. So, restart the machine as per the model’s requirement and it’ll be good to go.
- The water source might be faulty. Since the dishwasher requires water pressure to be operational, the door might deny your attempt of opening if there’s anything wrong with the water source.
- If the hinge of the door has become outdated, you may have trouble opening the door. So, you should replace it in that case.
- A faulty latch is another reason why you’re having this difficulty to start with. If that’s so, its microswitch has to be dealt with. But you can’t do that on your own. You should better consult a technician for this job.
- If your dishwasher is old, perhaps, finally it has been exhausted and the door isn’t opening because of damage. But before you come to this conclusion, try to open the employing the aforementioned trick a couple of times or maybe give it a few more attempts at intervals. But if it still doesn’t open, it’s better to consult customer care. But don’t try out any notorious ‘hacks’ for it may destroy the appliance.
A dishwasher is no less than a blessing but sometimes it may throw tantrums and put us in a fix. But don’t worry, you can deal with the problem tactfully if you follow this step-by-step guide.
I hope this article could serve as an answer to your pressing question ‘how do I open the door on my Whirlpool dishwasher’. So, keep in touch with us and familiarize yourself with every tech-related hack.