More often than not, tiresome dish duty follows a delicious meal you prepared at home. With few contests, it is one of the most boring house chores. But don’t let the dread of cleaning dishes keep you from enjoying the food. There’s a great workaround to it.
Dishwashers load with dirty dishes and quickly send out sparkling clean ones. From pre-washing and re-washing to drying your dishes, dishwashers have progressed into kitchen workhorses that take care of all utensils.
So bring home the best dishwasher for rental property and indulge in a delightful dinner without any worry. We have reviewed some of the top products to nudge you toward the right purchase. Check them out.
Comparison Chart For Top 7 Dishwasher For Rental Property
Best Dishwashers For Rental Property Reviews
1. Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA Dishwasher | Best Dishwasher For Rentals
With a sleek and compact design, the Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA dishwasher can fit on any kitchen counter. Its body is compatible with any contemporary kitchen decor.
There are six place settings in the dishwasher that are up to 10 inches in diameter. And there are seven washing cycles in this dishwasher. This makes it one of the most versatile offerings in the market. It can easily cater to the needs of a couple of home cooks.
The seven washing programs include heavy cycle, normal, baby care, light, glass, self-clean, and speed 45 mins cycle. That is to say; the product is fully equipped to clean, wash, and dry a large number of dishes despite being very small in size.
There are some extra drying features in this product. As a result, it will add extra heat as soon as the final rinse begins. Thus, the drying results are enhanced many folds.
The product is reasonably quiet, so you can operate it even past bedtime without waking everyone up. The product weighs only 5.92 ounces, which makes it extremely transportable. You can carry it in an RV and expect the most satisfactory service even then.
Another interesting feature of this dishwasher is the child lock feature. This option allows you to lock the control panel and keep the children safe from accidental operations.
- The dishwasher is compact and offers six dish placements
- It features extra drying functions
- It is effortless to assemble and install this unit
- Connects with any standard faucet
2. EdgeStar BIDW1802SS Dishwasher
EdgeStar is a relatively small built-in dishwasher that comes with immense potential to clean a significant number of dishes. That too, within a very short time. Measuring 22 inches in length and 17 inches in width, the product can accommodate up to eight place settings at a time.
The interior of the dishwasher features two pull-out dish racks. The dishes fit comfortably on the silverware baskets and cup tray. They are made of top-notch material, offering healthy cleaning. The front of the body has a few digital push buttons that easily navigate the machine and choose between its features.
Featuring six wash cycles in three options, it is fully equipped to wash your dishes in any manner you like.
The six wash cycles are heavy, normal, ECO, glass, rapid, and rinse. These versatile features can be applied in three options: Hi temperature, heated dry, and sanitize. Needless to say, the dishwasher is highly versatile and rich in functionality.
We love the quiet operation it offers at only 52 decibels. While it is not absolutely silent, the sound performance is ideal for a home environment. You can easily carry out a dishwashing session in the kitchen without disturbing anyone at home.
The product is also quite easy to wash. You can simply rinse the compartments. This will prevent build-up and promote faster drying for the dishes.
- It has a built-in installation method
- The product is made of stainless steel
- The item weighs 52.9 pounds
- Features a leakage sensor
3. Farberware FDW05ASBWHA
The Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Complete Portable Countertop Dishwasher is great for small homes. You can easily install this dishwasher without the need to connect it to an electrical outlet or drain line.
The steam feature makes it easy to sterilize baby bottles and glassware. It has an automatic air circulation to help dry dishes.
You can use both pods or liquids with this dishwasher to meet your needs. The Farberware FDW05ASBWHA is very easy to control and comes with LED digital controls.
There are 5 washing programs including Normal, Rapid, Baby Care, Fruit Wash, and Glass. Lower and upper spray arms give dishes a streak-free deep cleaning.
The Water hose is included for a direct water hookup to kitchen faucet (adapter not included). The Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Complete Portable Countertop Dishwasher with Built-in Water Tank. There is a fruit basket for clean, ready to serve directly from the dishwasher.
This dishwasher is very handy and easy to use. It has a water hose included for a direct water hookup to kitchen faucet (adapter not included). You can use it with pods or liquids as long as they meet your needs.
- A decent 5 washing programs
- Easy to use controls
- Automatic air circulation
- A built in water tank
- Fruit basket for clean, ready to serve directly from the dishwasher.
- Small and very flexible as it can work even without a hookup.
4. HomeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher
HomeLabs is a reliable name in the industry, and rightly so. They have been delivering superior quality washing service to kitchens around the world. The dishwasher comes in a very convenient size that fits in any countertop. Its sleek design in white finish adds aesthetic value to the kitchen as well.
The product comes with six place settings that can load dishes on the dish basket or cutlery rack. An intuitive control panel at the top of the product helps you switch between the six wash cycles. Whether you need heavy cleaning or rinsing, the dishwasher is equipped to serve. There is even a delay button light that can postpone the wash cycle.
The product features a functional light indicator panel that helps to keep track of the cleaning process. How far along the cleaning process is, what changes you need to make in control, and whether the dispenser needs a refill – all details will be provided through the light indicators.
There is also a rinse aid dispenser that helps you dry the plates, mugs, and glasses faster. Rest assured that it leaves no streaks or marks on the cookware surface.
- Features efficient light indicator
- Made for compact space
- You can switch between six wash cycles
- Can hold 3.1 gallons per cycle
5. BLACK+DECKER BCD6W Compact Countertop Dishwasher
The BLACK+DECKER compact countertop dishwasher not only has 7 different wash cycles but also a very impressive capacity that allows you to fit up to 6 place settings at once. This means you can fit in 20 pieces of cutlery and plates (depending on the size) which is enough for a family of 3-4 people.
It features an LED display panel which makes it easy to set up when you need to use it and also when it comes to child lock that prevents small children from using the machine when they shouldn’t be.
The quick connect system makes it easier to set up the dishwasher with ease and makes for easy use when you need to unload or load dishes.
This also helps when you need to store the machine away as it takes up less space than other dishwashers. It has a child proof lock and can easily fit onto most countertops.
It comes with 6 place settings that are stainless steel ensuring that all your dishes are clean when you finish the wash cycle. It also has a very impressive energy rating if you’re looking to save on water and electricity bills!
- A versatile dishwasher with 7 wash cycles.
- LED display with easy to use touch controls.
- Quick connect system that is easy to set up and take down when needed.
- Impressive capacity of 6 place settings.
- Stainless steel interior for a more hygienic wash cycle.
- It has a child lock for safe operation.
- Has a very impressive energy rating if you’re looking to save on water and electricity bills!
How To Choose The Right Dishwasher For Rental Property
The primary function of a dishwasher is to clean dishes. It is supposed to get rid of any grease or oil on the surface of the kitchenware. So cleaning performance is the first major consideration that needs your attention.
Without the right cleaning performance, all the glamor and stylish design, a model brings into a kitchen would mean nothing. Sure, the outlook is essential and adds value to your modern kitchen setup. But make sure it’s getting the job done first.
The market is now rich with highly performing dishwashers, and you’ll find one within the cleaning power range you’re looking for. The best dishwashers for rental property come with extra features as well. Such a concentrated wash sprayer may work like a charm in removing baked-on grease and stubborn food content on the cooking surface.
Cleaning is only half the job. Besides cleaning, dishwashers are also expected to dry the dishes, ready to serve. While they are clean, you don’t want the dishes to come out soaked. That’s why good drying performance is crucial for an efficient dishwasher.
You will find many modern models that feature heating elements within the dry washer. These are metal additions that can heat up to 170 degrees Fahrenheit. Their purpose is to dry the soaked dishes so that they are prepared to serve. Note that this feature may melt plastic or harm ceramic and glass cookware.
If you want to avoid that, there is an energy-efficient alternative: a stainless-steel tub. These tubs dry dishes using a condensation-based drying technique to take care of moisture in dishes at the end of every cycle.
For more budget-friendly options, you will find plastic tubs in models that stand at lower price points. However, their drying performance is not as effective as they cannot heat up enough in order to initiate condensation.
The dishwashers’ high-quality control panel is vital if you want to enjoy all the innovative washing features without any difficulty.
Most dishwashers now feature fully integrated touch control to ensure maximum convenience and productivity. And some of them even feature built-in light under the panel so that you can use it comfortably at any hour of the day.
Without a properly functioning control panel, you can’t use all the features a dishwasher offers. So choose a unit wisely so that you can take the privilege of all the wash cycles and wash options.
Features And Wash Cycles
As you confirm a purchase, pay attention to the wash cycles and features that the dishwasher is offering. Among the essential variables that affect cycles are duration, water temperature, and water pressure.
Since the dishwasher’s main purpose is to ensure clean cookware, you want to pick one that comes with useful cleaning cycles. Some popular wash cycles are found among the top-selling products. These are the normal cycle, heavy cycle, autocycle, quick cycle, rinse, energy-saving, and more. Their performances are pretty self-explanatory.
Each cycle comes with a different set of commitments, although the same primary ones. Before you purchase a dishwasher, make sure you’re getting a versatile one with a range of features and cycles.
What Type Of Dishwasher Will Suit Your Property?
The type of dishwasher that you have in your rental property is very important because the tenants are going to need a certain amount of conveniences for it to be worth their while living there.
A number of renters may also return the favor and make sure they clean up after themselves for the duration of their stay, but not all people are this way.
The first thing that you need to do is choose the most appropriate type of dishwasher for your property. You should make sure that the dishwasher you decide upon fits within your property’s available space.
If you are looking to install a brand new dishwasher for your rental property, then you will have to measure everything up beforehand so there are no problems with installation.
You should go with the type of dishwasher that is most popular among renters because it will make your house more appealing to a larger audience.
If possible, you should also think about installing a high-quality dishwashing machine that is easy on the eyes just as well as it is user friendly.
Rental Property Dishwasher Maintenance Tips
- Cleaning the dishwasher is a must. If not, it will cause some issues with your dishwasher and potentially with your renters.
- Don’t use the harshest chemicals to clean it either like bleach because that can damage it as well. The best way to do this is to use vinegar or another mild cleaner depending on what you have.
- It’s a good idea to clean the spray arms as well because that can cause some issues as well which wastes water and causes an inefficient dishwasher.
- Have your dishwasher serviced by a professional at least every other year or if they notice there is something wrong with it, otherwise it could be a big problem that causes huge issues with your renters.
- Clean the filter every month because if water isn’t getting through it to clean the dishes, then they aren’t going to get properly cleaned. If you don’t do this, your renters may start complaining about not getting cleanliness out of their dishes and kitchenware.
- Mix up your dishwasher soap and don’t use too much of it either because you don’t want the water to be murky. Test out a couple different formulas and see what works best for your machine and renters.
- Check that there isn’t any build up on the spray arms or in between the filter screens when you clean them, if there is then you might have a problem that needs to be fixed with your machine.
- If you notice that the dishwasher is leaking, shut off the water immediately because it can cause some serious damage if it is leaking for too long. Then call a professional as soon as possible so they can fix this issue for you instead of having your renters deal with it.
- Always make sure the dishwasher is running at least on a quick cycle because if you let them run too long, then they can start to waste more water than they are worth and that’s just bad for the environment.
- If your renters are complaining about some issues with their kitchenware, check to see if the dishwasher is running okay. If it isn’t, you will need to fix this issue so they can do their dishes easily and so that they aren’t wasting water because of it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What Appliances Are Required In A Rental Property?
A rental property requires a handful of appliances that should be installed. This includes a refrigerator, a stove and oven, a dishwasher, a clothes washer and dryer, and a microwave at the least.
Of course, there could be single or more pieces installed depending on how big the space is.
Should I Include Washer And Dryer In Rental?
You are not bound by any laws to include a washer and dryer in a rental. However, for better living conditions for the tenant, a washer and dryer can be installed if it fits your budget. Otherwise, a common laundry area will be good enough.
Do Apartments Have Dishwashers?
If you get a furnished apartment, that means it comes with a dishwasher. Unfurnished apartments mostly do not. But, in some cases, even the unfurnished apartments include the very basic necessities in terms of appliances and throw in a dishwasher.
So this does not have a definite answer but needs to be checked individually.
Is A Countertop Dishwasher Worth It?
Countertop dishwashers are worth it if you have fewer dishes to go through daily. This kind uses a lot less water than built-in or portable dishwashers. On average it will use around 3 gallons, which is a lot less than what you waste hand washing the dishes, which can go up to 27 gallons.
Dishwashers have become an essential item in our modern kitchen. To keep up with our busy schedule, dishwashers have progressed into intuitive machines that run smooth operations with efficient cleaning and drying performance.
However, purchasing the best dishwasher for rental property is not as straightforward as it sounds. Several factors need your special consideration. We have researched the current market to help you pick the finest appliance for the kitchen.